7 Quick Takes Friday

  • Posted: 12:21 PM
  • |
  • Author: Mary

1...

I have seen this done on other blogs and I always love to read it so I'm going to give it a go. I had a busy Friday this week, so I am a day late...

2...
The girls love to dance. They especially love to dance in the evenings after Matt gets home and lately they have been enjoying dancing to the Dixie Chicks. They of course love for us to hold them and dance with them. This week Matt had both of them while I had the video and camera. Here is a pic.






3...
Potty training update...Well, we still have a long way to go. We did have one accident free day, Friday, but poopy panties the rest of the week. We are making a lot of progress though.




4...
Another favorite activity for the girls is filling up the bird feeder on the deck. They were out filling it up last night. Emily was in her ballet costume and her "outside boots." She picked that outfit out herself.









5...
Of course what child does not like to lick the batter. Check out the cake batter in her eyelashes...








6...
We (Erin and I) are throwing a baby shower for our dear friend Maria tomorrow. I tried making a cake for it, but it turned out such a disaster that I think I am going to just buy cake or some desert today. I really am a good cook, and can even bake pretty well, but cake decorating, I really don't have the patience to do it. I have a picture of it, but I think I will leave it out due to the embarrassment it would cause.




7...
To prove that I am not totally deficient in decorating, I will include a picture of the cookies I made for Mary Claire's Birthday. They turned out pretty well considering my very limited experience. Plus, they tasted great.







Here is a bonus one

I love to garden, but haven't had much time for it since I had the kids. I decided to just concentrate on my herb garden this year and it is doing pretty well in spite of the tremendous amount of rain we have had. (I have been afraid that my plants would die from over watering, but they are hanging on.) I baked some fish this week with some dill, marjoram, parsley, and thyme from the garden and it turned out delicious and very low calorie. Here is a peak at the garden as it looks today.