7 Quick Takes Friday

  • Posted: 8:41 AM
  • |
  • Author: Mary

1...
Matt's 10 year reunion is this weekend. Go SUBI!!

2...
We are leave for Mexico next Thursday!!! We are so excited.

3...
Potty training update...we are making very slow but steady progress. I'm sure our trip will throw a kink in things, but we will get to work again when we get home.

4...
The cake I mentioned a few weeks ago didn't turn out as bad as I thought it would. With some help from Erin it turned out presentable. Here was the spread for the baby shower, which went very well by the way.
5...
I have been having problems with Emily getting up too early in the morning. It really influences her mood for the day because she rarely takes naps any more and I'll just say we can really tell when she doesn't get enough sleep. One morning this week she came down stairs at about 6:30 (waaaaaaay too early for her) and I just marched her back up and told her it wasn't morning yet. I then put a box fan at the bottom of the stairs to help block out the very loud noises her sister was making (which I'm sure woke her up in the first place). This worked well and she slept until about 8:30 that day. Mary Clarie and I enjoyed some time alone together and we all enjoyed each other much more when she got up.
6...
Here is a pic of Mary Claire enjoying the hydrangeas from our yard the morning Emily was sleeping in.
7...
So You Think You Can Dance is on again!!! Katie got me into it last summer and I'm so excited it is finally on again.
That's all I've got....