Here Goes...

  • Posted: 1:05 PM
  • |
  • Author: Mary

Ok, I have been thinking about doing this for a while. I love to look at blogs of my friends and family and I have finally decided to give it a go. So, here is what is going on with us right now.



I'm attempting to potty train my only slightly cooperative almost three-year-old. We are having a few very exciting successes and several accidents daily which result in a lot of extra laundry. She is very excited about wearing panties though, so I think we are at the point of no return to diapers.

I have recently succeeded in night weaning my baby (15 mo. old now) and getting her to sleep in her own bed all night. This is huge, HUGE, for me. My first daughter slept with us until #2 was born and it was a long and difficult process to get her to sleep through the night on her own. I am a fan of the family bed, but for us it seems to work well to night nurse and sleep together for about a year and then work on changing sleeping situations. I was pushed into doing this because my Husband and I are taking a pilgrimage to Rome in October for his brother's transitional diaconate ordination and, after much deliberation, decided it would be too difficult to take a 3 and 1 1/2 year old with us, so we will be leaving them with my parents for 10 days. I wanted to go ahead and night wean Mary Claire because I thought it would help the day time weaning go at least a little smoother. I now have to work on getting her completely weaned before we leave, but I think I'll enjoy our nursing time for a few more months before I worry about starting that.

I learned early this week that my best friend is moving 2 1/2 hours away in a month or so. I have been bummed that I not going to be able to pop in and see her any time I want to and I will miss our unlimited local telephone access; however, we are very happy for her and her husband for his new job, principal of a K-8 Catholic school.

Ok, that's about all for now. I'm going to try to figure out how to work the rest of this thing.