Some Summer Fun

  • Posted: 12:50 PM
  • |
  • Author: Mary

The girls on the front porch enjoying some homemade muscadine juice Popsicles one very hot afternoon.




Our friend Jessica Clark (http://www.joshjessandcaleb.blogspot.com/) made these really neat cloth books for the girls. Emily's was "The Three Little Pigs" and although Jessica had no idea, that was a very good choice. I have been telling her that story lately, but because I haven't read it in years I had forgotten some details that I remembered when reading it again. I can't believe that I forgot the pigs say "not by the hair of my chinny-chin-chin." Anyway, Thank you so much, Jessica!! The girls really like the books.








I had Isaac for the day yesterday because Erin had some important moving business to take care of. Since it happened to be his birthday I tried to let them do some extra special fun things. We made a batch of birthday cookies and he got to lick the beater. We were having pizza for supper and the kids started getting hungry early so I thought it would be fun for them to make their own pizzas. They really had a blast. These two are really going to miss each other!!! I'm really going to miss Isaac too. He kept the girls more occupied than usual for the day and he was more obedient than my own kids. His parents should be very proud. Our kids test us all day, but if they know how to obey when they are not at home or with us I think that means they are really being disciplined appropriately at home. That is not so common these days.