Will You Let Me Be Your Servant

  • Posted: 9:20 AM
  • |
  • Author: Mary
  • |
  • Filed under: Title

You may have noticed that I changed the title of my blog. I thought of the previous title as a place holder until I found something that was more meaningful to me. A few months ago, I was going through a really tough time and happened to go to Mass that weekend with my parents in Morrilton. I hadn't heard this song in a while and they "happened to" sing it at Mass that day. It really touched me, even more than usual, and was the perfect song for me to hear at that time. Ever since that Sunday, I have had it stuck in my head and sing it often. To me, this song expresses the way I desire to fulfill my vocation as a wife and a mother. I sing it when I'm feeling happy and fulfilled and also when I'm feeling frustrated or angry to remind me of my calling. I have chosen to use it as the title of my blog because it means so much to me and it truly is the way I strive to live my life.

Here are the complete lyrics. It really is a beautiful song and a wonderful theme of my vocation.

1.Will you let me be your servant, let me be as Christ to you? Pray that I might have the grace to let you be my servant, too.

2.We are pilgrims on a journey, we are trav’lers on the road. We are here to help each other walk the mile and bear the load.

3.I will hold the Christ-light for you in the night time of your fear. I will hold my hand out to you, speak the peace you long to hear.

4.I will weep when you are weeping, when you laugh I'll laugh with you. I will share your joy and sorrow till we've seen this journey through.

5.When we sing to god in heaven, we shall find such harmony, born of all we've known together of Christ's love and agony.

6.Will you let me be your servant, let me be as Christ to you? Pray that I might have the grace to let you be my servant, too.