Catch Up

  • Posted: 10:17 AM
  • |
  • Author: Mary

For my 2 or 3 readers out there sorry I've been away for so long. I have been much to busy with living to take time to work on the blog. While I enjoy doing it, it requires a lot of my time and energy to keep up with the home, the kids, and now NFP teaching and promoting and I've been spending more of my 'extra time' with my family instead of my computer. Here is a little of what we have been up to.

1-----

We had a short camping trip a few weeks ago. The weather was supposed to be beautiful (which it was) so mid-week, Matt decided it would be a good idea to go camping Friday and Saturday. We searched in vain to find other people to go with us, but it seems that no one else was available or up for hanging out with small children outside all weekend. We decided to go on our own. It was fun, but not the relaxing trip we had envisioned. It is nice to have one or two more adults along (even if they bring kids) to take turns watching the kids, setting up camp, cooking, etc. so everyone gets some relaxing time too. We had a great camping spot though and hopefully we will be able to fine someone to go with us to enjoy it next time.

Matt and Emily skipping rocks on Saturday Morning


2-----
Here is a good picture of the girls. I caught them laying on the couch hugging each other one morning.


3-----
Uncle Josh was in town for a few days before heading back to Rome. He came over one afternoon and one evening. It was great to have him around. The kids loved playing with him and he is a great out loud reader. Also it was a good opportunity for Emily to get to know her Godfather a little better.



4-----
The girls have been enjoying playing with my modest jewelry collection. I have a jewelrey box that my uncle made for me when I was a child. It is like a treasure chest to them. They can only play with it on my bed when I am there so nothing gets lost. I saved a few special pairs of earrings that my dad gave me and will pass them on to my girls when they get their ears pierced.


5-----
Emily plopped down on the couch bedside me today to spend a few minutes taking care of her babies. Here she is nursing in the 'football hold'...
Here she is using the more traditional 'cradle hold.'
I must be doing something right if this is how my daughter thinks of taking care of a baby.

6-----

It has worked out for my Aunt Amy to start music lessons with Emily. We just heading over to Altus after Dance on Tuesday mornings. I guess it is our Arts day. We have really enjoyed the singing and instrument playing. It has even inspired me to get out my old beginner piano books to play a little bit. I'm very rusty, but it is fun to play around again. I'm going to have to ask Aunt Amy to give me a few refresher lessons because I have forgotten what a lot of the notations in the music indicate. Unfortunately I haven't gotten any pictures yet, but I will eventually.

...Have an Art-tastic Day...